A CURRENT PROJECT
Did you know that the production of sacks for safe drinking water is very profitable? Well that is exactly what we are working to do in Liberia.
Here is what we have done so far:
- We have purchased the machine that purifies the water and it also packages it into small plastic bags for marketing.
- We have also drilled a borewell to help with the water production.
- We are still in the process of buying a small light cargo truck to transport the water sacks each containing 30 plastic bags of water.
Here is the break down of the equipment, materials and installation cost of the business at $15,000.
1. Water processing and packaging machine $4,500.00
2. Cargo truck $8,000.00
3. Electrical and plumbing pipes and installation $1.500.00
4. Business registration and license $1,000.00
Total cost: $15,000.00
This business currently benefits thousands of people in the community by providing safe drinking water and preventing them from several water-born diseases they may have had from their previous drinking water. Secondly, it provides jobs for many youth in the church. Thirdly, some of the youth are able to buy in bulk and start their own retail water selling points which is a continued blessing to their communities. Fourthly, this business is an excellent seed that is currently bringing in the needed funds to run the ministries but will continue to bring in funds in Liberia for many years to come.
Below are a few photos of the progress of the water project! Thank you for your support.